Mt Cho-Oyu Expedition
Adventure Pilgrims Trekking offer Mt. Cho Oyu Expedition, the sixth highest mountain on the planet, has the best success rate... It is a technically straightforward climb with the best safety record for an 8000m mountain. And you don't have to trek weeks merely to get to base camp, so logistically it is easy.
Experience and fitness
Despite the relatively non-technical nature you MUST have some mountaineering experience and MUST have been to 6000m before (Denali/Aconcagua/Island Peak etc). You will need to climb on steep, near vertical ice for 25 metres and on a similar steep rock section, both with fixed ropes, traverse hard ice on a fixed rope and abseil down these sections several times. Don't underestimate the difficulty and strength of will required to climb at over 7000m.
Day 01 : Arrival Kathmandu (1350m.) transfer hotel
Day 02 : Kathmandu
Day 03 : Kathmandu
Day 04 : Drive to Kodari and transfer Zhangmu 2300m.
Day 05 : Drive Nylam 2750m.
Day 06 : Nylam rest for acclimatization
Day 07 : Drive Tingri 4340m.
Day 08 : Rest of day for acclimatized
Day 09 : Drive to Chinese Base Camp 5000m. Camping.
Day 10 : Chinese Base Camp
Day 11 : Prepared load to Yak for Advance Base Camp.
Day 12 : Base Camp - Middle camp with Yaks.
Day 13 : Middle Camp - Cho Oyu Advance Base Camp 5700m.
Day 14-39 : Limbing Period for Cho Oyu 8201m.
Day 40 : Advance Base camp - Chinese Base camp
Day 41 : Drive Base Camp - Zhangmu
Day 42 : Drive Zhangmu - Kathmandu
Day 43 : Kathmandu
Day 44 : Kathmandu
Included in the Cost
- 5 nights accommodation in Kathmandu with bed and breakfast (3 star hotel).
- Expert professional Nepalese expedition crews like Cook, Kitchen boy, ABC guide and mountaineering gears till to the ABC are provided; and our crews get all expedition facilities from our office itself.
- Tibet visa and Travel Permit for the expedition crew
- Full board hotel in route to Tibet side Zhangmu, Nyalam and Tingri (bed and breakfast, Lunch, dinner)
- Base Camp - Advance Base Camp 1 tent for 1 person (North Face brand)
- Dining tent, Table, Chairs, toilet tent, Mess tent and Kitchen tent
- Per person's (40 KG) Load is carried by the Yak till to the from BC-ABC
- Per person's (30 KG) Load is carried by the Yak on the way back to the ABC to the BC
- Kathmandu - Zhangmu - Base Camp - Zhangmu (vice versa) are provided the Mini bus/Jeep for the members and Truck for the equipment.
- Peak permit for Cho Oyu 8201m
- Tibet Visa and Travel permit
- Liaison officer and Interpreter
- Nepalese crew' insurance
- ABC - Emergency Oxygen, Mask and regulator
- Satellite phone (Pay call).
- Farewell dinner
Not Included in the Cost
- Air travel to and from Kathmandu.
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu.
- Laundry, postage, telephone calls, and all other items of personal nature.
- Entry visa and Re-entry visa for Nepal.
- Personal Expenses.
- Medical and rescue insurance.
- Personal Climbing equipment.
- Bar bills and Beverage.
- Rescue Jeep USD 700.00
- Medicine and first aid expenses
- Garbage Deposit USD 500.00 (Sharing of the total person) and Deposit fee will be not refunded if the clients (climber) don't take back their garbage.
US $ 39,999 per person
- or -Inquiry Now
- Duration: 45 Day(s)
- Group size: Min 6
Nepal travel information
People who viewed this tour also like...