Kaligandaki River Rafting
Adventure Pilgrims Trekking offers a wild River Rafting in Nepal. The river of goddess Kaligandaki River. A deservedly popular and medium length of river trip is combining exhilarating white water with fine scenery. One of the famous names of Himalayan Rivers, The Kali Gandaki raises in Mustang an enclave of Nepal Poking into Tibet on the other side of the Himalayas here; it is a flat and braided river, flowing in an arid open valley. As it tumbles down between the majestic Dhaulagiri and the Annapurna ranges, it creates one of the world's deepest gorges. The explorer Michael Peissel ran this stretch of the river in a small hovercraft in 1973 and at least two other groups have rafted and kayaked in this section.
All day you have to continuous keeping paddlers busy against all technical rapids on the Kaligandaki River Rafting . Both experienced and novice rafters love this. Nowhere else is it possible to find such diversity on a 3 day raft trip. Nice drops, sparkling chutes and turbulent rapids provide class III to IV+ runs during the fall and spring seasons.
After your exhilarating white water trip you have options either to drive or fly back to Kathmandu or to visit the Royal Chitwan National Park or again you can go for the trekking trip in the popular area of Annapurna region for few days
What to Bring
- swim wear for on the river
- Warm clothing for the evenings including a fleece or a pullover
- Sunscreen and lip protector
- Sunglasses (with retaining device) and/or a cap
- Towel and Toiletries (environmentally friendly is best)
- Personal medication
- Reading book
- Sleeping Bag
Day 01 : Three hours bus drive to Nayapul, Baglung. Pump the raft and rafting around 3 ½ hours. Camp Nearby Modibeni.
Day 02 : Rafting about 4 hours and camp at Purtighat.
Day 03 : Rafting about 2 ½ hours ends at Mirmi Dam and after lunch transfer to Pokhara.
Included in the Cost
- Ground Transportation (From and After)
- Meals, Western and continental food (breakfast, lunch, dinner) during your rafting trip
- River Permit
- Necessary equipment as high quality self-bailing rafts, life jackets, helmets, plastic paddles, wetsuits (only during the winter) on certain rivers, dry bag for gear, camera barrels and all safety and medical equipment
- Safety Kayak
- Necessary Staffs (Guide, Helpers, Cook etc)
- Tented accommodation in beautiful river beach with camp fire
- Food, accommodation, insurance for all staff and their transportation
- Expedition elements include professional guides and leadership
- First aid kid box
Not Included in the Cost
- Mineral water, cold drinks and alcoholic beverages during the whole trip
- Hotel accommodations and meals at if you stay anywhere at the hotel during whole trip
- Emergency evacuation
- Things of personal use
- Hotel in Pokhara
- Member insurance
- International airport pick up drop (if you order we can arrange)
- Airfare (Kathmandu-Pokhara-Kathmandu
- Tips to Staffs
US $ 600 per person
- or -Inquiry Now
- Duration: 3 Day(s)
- Trip grade: Adventure
- Activities: River Rafting
- Group size: Min 6
Nepal travel information
People who viewed this tour also like...