Baruntse Expedition (7129) Peak lies in Nepal between Everest Expedition and Makalu Expedition. It has four ridges and four summits being a substantial and symmetrical snow peak. It is bounded on the east by Barun Glacier flowing north-south from Cho, to the north-west by the Imja glacier and the Hunku glacier forms the south-east boundary. The three main ridges of Baruntse are situated between these glaciers and form an upturned 'Y' running from Cho Polu (6695m) in the north past Humane La, on to the north summit where it then divides. Other well-known mountains in this area are Makalu, Lhotse, Chamlang, Everest and the trekking peak, Mera peak. Baruntse was first scaled on 30 May 1954 by Colin Todd and Geoff Harrow of the Hilary New Zealand Expedition.
Baruntse is in The Makalu Barun National Park and Conservation Area, a place of outstanding natural beauty, recognized internationally for the diversity of its flora and fauna. The route of the trek is populated by a wide cross-section of Nepali peoples with diverse cultural backgrounds such as Rais, Limbus, Newars, Bhotias, Tamangs, and Sherpas.
Makalu Barun National Park provides opportunities to photograph a wide variety of native plants and even wildlife. In the beginning part of the expedition, the Arun Valley, which you follow for the first 3 days, has plenty of plant varieties including hibiscus, Poinsettia, and Frangipani.
Day 1 : Arrive at the airport. Transfer to the hotel. Stay overnight at the hotel in Kathmandu.
Day 2 : Free day in Kathmandu and prepare for the next day Baruntse Peak climb. Stay overnight at the hotel in Kathmandu.
Day 3 : Fly from Kathmandu to Lukla. Trek from Lukla to Chutanga. You camp overnight here.
Day 4 : Rest day at Chutanga for Acclimatization. You camp overnight here.
Day 5 : Trek from Chutanga to Thuli Kharka via Zatrawala Pass. You camp overnight here.
Day 6 : Rest day at Thuli Kharka for more acclimatization and side excursion.
Day 7 : Trek from Thuli Kharka to Tangnang (Sabal Tsho-Lake) following Hinku Valley.
Day 8 : Trek from Tangnang to Dig Kharka. You camp overnight here.
Day 9 : Trek from Dig Kharka to Khare. You camp overnight here.
Day 10 : Trek from Khare to Mera La (Pass). You camp overnight here.
Day 11 : Trek from Mera La to Hunku Valley. You camp overnight here.
Day 12 : Trek from Hunku Valley to Panch Pokhari (five lakes). You camp overnight here.
Day 13 : Rest day at Panch Pokhari for getting prepared for the climb.
Day 14 : Trek from Panch Pokhari to Baruntse West Col. Camp.
Day 15-24 : Climb Baruntse Peak setting camps at different altitudes.
Day 25 : Trek to Barun Glacier. You camp overnight here.
Day 26 : Trek from Barun Glacier to West Col. You camp overnight here.
Day 27 : Trek from West Col to Panch Pokhari. You camp overnight here.
Day 28 : Trek from Panch Pokhari to Glacier Camp. You camp overnight here.
Day 29 : Trek from Glacier Camp to Chukhung via Amphu Lapcha Pass. You camp overnight here.
Day 30 : Trek from Chukhung to Pangboche. You camp overnight here.
Day 31 : Trek from Pangboche to Namche Bazaar. You camp overnight here.
Day 32 : Trek from Namche Bazaar to Lukla. You camp overnight here.
Day 33 : Fly from Lukla to Kathmandu. Stay overnight at the hotel in Kathmandu.
Day 34 : Free day in Kathmandu for shopping. Stay overnight at the hotel in Kathmandu.
Day 34 : Transfer from the hotel to the airport for the final departure.
Included in the Cost
- Airport transportation as per your arrival date to join the Baruntse expedition
- Standard hotel accommodation in Kathmandu on B/B plan
- Kathmandu Lukla Kathmandu airfare as per the expedition itinerary.
- Baruntse Summiteers climbing Sherpa
- Group climbing gears like rope, ice bar etc for the Baruntse expedition.
- Baruntse expedition peak climbing permit and all government taxes.
- National part and conservation permit fee for the expedition.
- Full board high altitude meal while trekking to base camp and climbing Baruntse
- Liaison officer with all his expenses while on Baruntse climbing expedition.
- Expedition manager, Expedition cook, support crew and porters with their equipment, daily wages, food, insurance etc.
- All necessary camping and kitchen equipment, including base camp tents, dining tent, kitchen tent, toilet tent, shower tent, mattress, table and chairs etc
- Mountain Hardware high altitude tents while climbing the Baruntse expedition
- Emergency Oxygen with regulator and mask while on Baruntse expedition.
- EPI gas and burner for high climb;
- Gamow bag / Portable Altitude Chamber (PAC)
- All necessary climbing hardware group equipment
- Satellite Phone and Walkie-Talkie in case of emergency
Not Included in the Cost
- Medical and personal high risk insurance
- Nepal entry visa fees
- Main meal in Kathmandu
- Personal equipment and climbing gears.
- International airfare and airport tax
- Climbing Bonus, tips and personal nature expenses.
- Applicable permit fees and custom charge for Sat phone, communication equipment and commercial filming while on Baruntse expedition.
US $ 39,999 per person
- or -Inquiry Now
- Duration: 34 Day(s)
- Trip grade: Adventure
- Activities: Expedition
- Group size: Min 4
Nepal travel information
People who viewed this tour also like...