Dhaulagiri Expedition is one of the most popular 8000m. peaks for climbing in the Himalayas . The seventh highest mountain in the world, Dhaulagiri, lies on north – west of Pokhara culminating high point at its eastern end. Dhaulagiri is almost unique in the world in terms of its rise above local terrain, it rises 7000m. over Kaligandaki gorge the south east in about 30 km of aerial distance. In fact, Kali Gandaki is dramatic as two eight thousand, Annapurna I and Dhaulagiri both stand near the river facing each other over a deep valley.
When Dhaulagiri was first discovered in 1808, it was thought to be the highest mountain in the world for the westerners. It remained as the highest peak for 30 years before its place was taken by Kanchanjunga Expedition. Dhaulagiri means white mountain which justifies a magnificent peak rising as a giant shoulder of shining ice and snow. The South and West faces of Dhaulagiri both feature massive drops; each rises over 4000 meters from its base, and each has been the site of historical climbs. The peak was first conquered in 1960 by a Swiss / Austrian expedition team via North East Ridge which has been the normal route of ascent for most of the Climbings to date. Dhaulagiri is buttressed by five ridges which offers the possibilities of different routes of ascent through six different routes have been established for climbing so far.
Day 01 : Welcome to Nepal. upon your arrival, our representative welcome you and assists to transfer in your hotel.
Day 02 : Kathmandu, Sightseeing, shopping and preparation for the upcoming expedition.
Day 03 : Official works for expedition and Briefing in Ministry of Tourism.
Day 04 : Drive from Kathmandu to Beni overnight at guest house.
Day 05 : Drive from Beni to Marpha. 2667m).
Day 06 : Trek from Marpha to Yak Kharka.
Day 07 : Trek from Yak Kharka to French Col.
Day 08 : Trek from French Col to Dhaulagiri Base Camp.
Day 09-28 : Climbing Period Mt. Dhaulagiri.
Day 29 : Trek from Dhaulagiri Base Camp to Dhampus Col
Day 30 : Trek from Dhampus Col to Marpha.
Day 31: Trek from Marpha to Jomsom.
Day 32 : Flight from Jomsom to Pokhara then Transfer to hotel.
Day 34 : Drive Back from Pokhara to Kathmandu Transfer to the hotel.
Day 35 : Free day in Kathmandu you can continue little sightseeing around Kathmandu valley. overnight farewell Diner.
Day 36 : After this amazing trip we will transfer you to airport for your onward destination
Included in the Cost
- Accommodation in Kathmandu with breakfast
- All transportation with cargo from Kathmandu To Kathmandu.
- Two porters per climbing member to carry Cargo.
- Trekking from Marpha to , base camp to Jomsom camping basic.
- Food and fuel for trekking and climbing period in Dhaulagiri base camp.
- Per person per tent north face brand or Similar.
- All camping equipment like member tent, dining tent, kitchen tent, chairs, tables, toilet tent, mattresses etc.
- Liaison officer's allowances equipment, flight ticket, insurance, daily wages sharing with other groups.
- Expedition Crew's allowances, flight ticket, insurance, daily wages.
- Peak permit for Mount Dhaulagiri.
- All transfer airport-hotel-airport.
- Base camp guide, cook, kitchen boy and Kitchen helper sharing with other member.
- Emergency Oxygen - Mask and regulator (If use, pay it full cost).
- Satellite phone (Pay call).
- Gamow Bag sharing with group member.
- Solar panel for light and charges batteries.
- Company service charges.
Not Included in the Cost
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu
- High altitude climbing food, fuel, Gas
- Expedition personal climbing gears above base camp.
- Personal accident insurance and emergency rescue operation.
- Emergency evacuation, Helicopter rescue if required
- International airport departure tax
- Nepal custom duty for import of expedition goods arriving into Nepal
- Bar bills and beverage
- Sherpa non summit bonus US$ 1500
- Sherpa summit bonus US$ 1500 + 1000 climbing bonus
- Air cargo custom clearance duty fee US$ 200 per person
- Personal Satellite phone with e-mail and internet permit
- Satellite phone (Pay call)
- Wake talkies permit
- Extra expenses for personal
- Filming permit
- Oxygen and Mask regulator for member and Sherpa
- Ice fall fees
- Garbage Deposit
US $ 59,990 per person
- or -Inquiry Now
- Duration: 36 Day(s)
- Trip grade: Adventure
- Activities: Expedition
- Group size: Min 4
Nepal travel information
People who viewed this tour also like...